* Rice: ? kg
* Chicken: ? kg cut into small pieces
* Yogurt: 1 cup
* Milk: ? cup
* Red chili powder: 2 ? tsp
* Garam masala: ? tsp
* Onion: 2 thinly chopped
* Ginger/ garlic paste: 1 tsp
* Salt: to taste
* Zafran, kewra essence, yellow colour: as required
* Coriander, mint leaves, green chilies: for flavor and garnishing as required.
1. Boil water for rice by adding cinnamon 1 stick, 4 big cardamoms and black cumin seeds 1 tsp and salt as required.
2. In a sauce pan heat oil and fry onion till brown and keep a side, crush them later.
3. In chicken pieces add yogurt, ginger, garlic, red chili powder, salt half onion, half garam masala, chopped coriander, mint and green chilies and marinate for 2-4 hours so that all ingredients are mixed well in the chicken.
4. Now add rice in the boiling water and boil till rice is half tender remove and drain.
5. In a sauce pan, spread layer of rice and then crushed onions then mint leaves and chopped coriander and green chilies.
6. Repeat layer after layer.
7. Later mix zafran and food colour in milk and add in rice.
8. Now add kewra essence as well.
9. Now cover the sauce pan with a lid and seal with flour from all sides.
10. Cook for 5-7 minutes on high heat.
11. Then cook on low heat for 20 minutes.